Thursday 12 October 2017

Rihanna Illustrator Trace...


Using the 'Pen Tool' on Illustrator meant that I was able to find an image of Rihanna on Google images, open it up on Illustrator, and trace around it creating a new layer for each different colour on her face. Reflections of light in pictures should be treated as a new colour (new layer) in order to ensure that the face doesn't come out as a block colour when filled with the 'Eyedropper tool'.

My attempt at this was quite successful, and although getting all the details in was time consuming, it was very enjoyable and something I have grown to enjoy. I look forward to using Illustrator and developing my technique and ability in the future. In future attempts, the steps I may take to improving the outcome include focusing more on smaller features on the face, or perhaps ensuring that the photo I choose is one of the best quality, in order for me to be able to make out and see clearly what needs to be traced. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment if you like my content...